Old March 3rd 07, 04:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Default SH-2F Seasprite from HSL-31 winches up its sonar

G'day to you too Mate.

I think I got that correct.

I see your Navy is now in my sports car. The Sh60B. As much as I
like hydraulic fluid in the face from the ACE, and a constant 4per,
losing 30 minutes of flight time for a torp, the 60 is a real beauty.
I got to fly in her from May of 1980 until I retired in November of
1985.

Air conditioned smooth at 135 kts and an easy helo to like. Now days
they have added so much to her I am not sure I would want back in it.

Well tell the AOL challenged friend Hi for me and it is great to meet
you also.

Ralph

19On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 12:46:42 +1030, "Dave Kearton"

Hey Dave

when did you do 31.

I did it in 75 before establishing 37 at Barbers.

Ralph Deyo

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 17:27:32 +1030, "Dave Kearton"
wrote:

A couple of notes from Gordon,

The SH-2F isn't winching in sonar, he's shooting a roto-chute'd
SSQ-41 sonobuoy. Sorta looks like they are bringing up the MAD
bird, but its on the wrong side of the fuselage. Trust me, its an
outbound buoy.

BTW, that H-2 is my old nemesis, Copyright Zero Five! I've got
about 25 hours in that complete piece of ****. It crashed twice
before finally getting sent to the boneyard.

G'day Ralph,

You have the wrong end of the stick there. I'm a balding,
middle-aged, ex M-113 driver from Australia.

A very close friend of mine is Gordon Permann in San Diego, who was in
(among other units) HSL-33 in the late '70s and early '80s. Being
AOL challenged, he can't make it to the binary groups like normal folk, so
I post his pictures and any comments that he has.

Good to meet you though.