Old March 3rd 07, 04:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Default SH-2F Seasprite from HSL-31 winches up its sonar

Hi Jim,

Thanks and just dropped him a line.

I to am an AW. Did a 4 year tour with Faso at IB teaching MK I with
Neal Brown and Stinky Smith. Got shanghaied into 37 in 75 and went to
Owego NY on independent duty for MK III. finished my career with 41
as the training department leading chief from 82 to 85. Found out in
75, that helos were better than P3's. Had two tours one in 45 out of
JAX and 17 out of Barbers Point.

If you went to Faso during that time you might have been a student of
mine. I had the acoustic portion and tactical portion of the course.

Take care and drop a line if you care to.

Ralph

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 20:22:02 -0600, "Jim Morris"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
Hey Dave

when did you do 31.

I did it in 75 before establishing 37 at Barbers.

Ralph Deyo

On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 17:27:32 +1030, "Dave Kearton"
wrote:

Ralph, Dave lives in OZ and has never been a US citizen nor a sailor.
Rob and Gordon were both AW's on the 'Sprite.
I was SAR in HC-5 for a year or so. Made a deployment on Knox Class with
HC-5 and when we returned we were part of HSL-33.
I went back to HC-5/HSL-31 for another year then VP-31 came calling again.
'74-'78 or so.

Jim Morris