Old June 22nd 05, 11:32 AM
10kDA 10kDA is offline
Junior Member

Drew,

I would look for a different location for the museum. To have to deal with this sort of chickens**t now from the FBO indicates more will probably come in the future, which does not bode well for future growth. Check out EAA's list of chapters in your area and see if there is any interest in doing what you are trying to do at a different airport, or even a location near the airport. It's going to get harder to access airports in the future so an off-airport (outside the fence) museum may be a better location anyway.

10kDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by
I know, the question has been already asked before, but I am looking
for suggestions on a plans-built, two place, folding wing design which
has some history behind it. I am starting up an experimental aircraft
museum, and am looking for a project to build in the museum as a
demonstration, as well as to fly later.

The folding wing requirement is there because the FBO nazis on our
field won't allow an airworthy aircraft in the museum, without paying
hangar rent, due to their noncompete contract. The aircraft will live
in my garage 1/2 mile away from the airfield when I am not
using/demonstrating it.

Thanks!

Drew