Old September 15th 10, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Future Club Training Gliders

On Sep 15, 12:26*pm, Westbender wrote:
On Sep 15, 12:57*pm, bildan wrote:

On Sep 15, 8:59*am, Westbender wrote:

You guys throw around these ideas that we should just do away with
2-33 and train with new DG's and ASK21's. Have you ever considered how
many smaller clubs there are that cannot afford to do such a thing? If
you're willing to donate the money to our club for a new ASK21, we'd
be happy to accomodate your idea.

Yes, we have thought about it - a lot.

Great! Email me offline and I'll give you the address to send the
check...

An SSA Clubs & Chapters Committee 'best practice' is for clubs to
pursue a 501c(3) determination, making charitable donations possible.
At least 20 SSA chapters, including some of the largest, have such a
determination.

Forward planning saves a lot. See this Strategic Planning pdf
http://www.soaringchapters.org/conve...r_Clubs_V5.pdf

and this presentation on bringing your club into the 21st Century and
delivering on the promise of soaring. poor video, good audio and
content
http://www.soaringchapters.org/semin..._century21.wmv

Frank Whiteley