Old August 27th 04, 05:42 AM
Jim Weir

Ever since we did the very first copper-foil-inside-the-airframe design for
Burt's prototype Vari-EZ, we've offered to do FREE designs for any manufacturer
who wanted to use our experience. FREE is the operative word here, and we don't
even require them to use OUR foil or OUR toroids. About seventy of the
companies out there offering plans out there have chosen to use our FREE service
to do the antenna design. We even do free designs for factory builts and give
the factory our support and advice in the process, whether or not they buy our
components.

Lancair and RV are the only ones who told us to go pound sand. So be it.
You've paid tens of thousands of dollars for their designs and their parts and
those cheap *******s won't even give you the plans for an antenna design?

Please, sir, don't come on these newsgroups pleading poormouth and how-to-do-it.
Write or call Lancair and ask them why they don't understand how to do INTERNAL
antennas in carbon fiber. There are ways. They are too lazy or too cheap to
investigate them or too proud to ask us how to do them. According to Rutan, you
save between a knot and a knot-point-five per 100 knots of airspeed for each
COM/NAV antenna you get off the outside of the airframe.

Don't believe me? Go look at an F-117 Stealth Fighter. How many external
antennas do you see on that carbon composite airframe? Zero in my picture.
Got the idea?

Don't come back here asking for professional help. Go ask your
designer/supplier.

Jim

"Dennis Mountains"

-Hi,