Old March 10th 21, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Moshe Braner

Default Mylar Project

On 3/10/2021 1:49 PM, Roy B. wrote:
I am wondering if some of the more experienced repair guys on this list would share their wisdom on replacing mylar seals. There is lots of stuff on the internet about refinishing a sailplane - but very little about gap seal replacement which at first glance seems easy to do but actually is difficult to do well and professionally.

What are the best products? Sources? Costs?
Best way to remove old seals?
Surface preparation?
Professional application techniques to get a good result?

If this all has been written on before, please direct me to it.
Thanks
ROY

I've looked into this recently on old RAS postings and found three
relevant threads:

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.avia...c/c_MZ2k2kRY4/

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.avia...c/414xDarWxTc/

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.avia...c/1TAbxX3TOJE/

Of course, the comments therein contradict each other.