Old September 22nd 03, 12:21 AM
Ed Rasimus

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 18:08:02 -0400, "Bob Martin"
wrote:

Anyone have data on typical chaff/flare loads for F-4's, both in Vietnam and
modern day? Thanks

No flares on F-4s in SEA. (Photo-flash carts on RF-4s only). No
self-protection chaff carts either. We carried cardboard boxes (about
the size of a box of Xmas tree tinsel) in the speedbrake wells. Open
the boards to deploy. Try not to use speed brakes earlier in the
mission. One time use.

Chaff for corridors was mostly chaff bombs dropped by specific fragged
flights. Very limited deployment at end of '72 of ALE-38 chaff
dispenser for corridor laying.

ALE-40 dispensers were added to F-4Es around '74-'75. We never got
them on C models in USAFE at all.