Old September 16th 19, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Any Glider Pilot Connections with Beale AFB in California

On Sunday, September 15, 2019 at 2:30:57 PM UTC-7, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

This is completely off-topic, but I thought there might be a chance that a glider pilot would have a connection with Beale Air Force Base in California.

My father served in the U.S. Air Force in a missile silo on or near Beale in the early 1960s. We're visiting that area with him this week and would love to see the base, but they said that we could only get onto the base if someone brought us onto the base. There was a museum on the base many years ago, but it is no longer there.

Any connections or suggestions?

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

There are off-base museums you can visit.

https://www.google.com/search?q=beal...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Tom