Old April 29th 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default More flaps?

On Apr 29, 7:15*am, JB wrote:
On Apr 25, 7:16*pm, WingFlaps wrote:

I watched the terrible carshhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaimogfse9c

I was wondering, after he got on the backside of the power curve and
committed to flight, could he have recovered it by putting out more
flaps?

Cheers

It looks like he failed to remember what we were all taught during our
training for soft field TOs. *Wheels just off the ground, then lower
the nose to get the WIG effect, build up airspeed, then climb. *As
folks have already noted...a) he had plenty of field to work with and
b) it looks like he pitched up pretty quick and c) who knows what his
CG was...it could have been well aft of the box. *I can't imagine how
another notch would have done anything but increase his drag further
and lower his airspeed.

Just my 2c.

--Jeff

I agree, last thing he needed was more drag.....