Old February 18th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Mixture control bottoms-out against the firewall?

Robet Coffey wrote:
Cherokee Six?

Navion, the mixtuure, the cabin heat, the hydraulic bypass control
carb heat and probably a few others I'm not remembering were the same
aluminum knob. The throttle was a big doorknob sized thing. I've now
got modern throttle/mixture/prop controls.

Oddly the Navion did have a flap-shaped flap control and a wheel-shaped
gear control (unlike the contemporary bonanza which just had the same
shape toggles for both).