Old June 2nd 10, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Cobra trailer tire size?

On 6/1/2010 9:29 AM, Andy wrote:
On May 31, 8:47 pm, Eric wrote:

The Yokohama tire you list is a LT (light truck) tire. Does Yokohama
have a trailer rating for it in addition to the LT rating?

Don't know. Maybe the dealer lied to me. I asked for trailer rated
tires and he told me they were. They were not a stock item he needed
to move, they were ordered from the Yokohama warehouse. Normally I
do a lot of research on something like this but I was distracted by
other things and just needed to get it done.. Anyway they seem to
work just fine so far.

LT tires are a good match for trailers (better than P type - passenger
car tires - for the same size and speed rating), and are available in
higher speed ranges than the ST trailer rated tires. I couldn't find the
speed rating for your tires, though.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (netto to net to email me)

- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl

- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation Mar/2004" Much of what you need to know tinyurl.com/yfs7tnz