Old March 26th 04, 01:22 AM
Tony Cox

"lance smith" wrote in message
om...

Good post! Are you taking lessons in ballooning? Keep us tuned in,
this was a very informative post and I'd like to learn more.

I'm probably not going to get rated. It's hard enough to
find the time and money to enjoy my 182! Perhaps when
I retire.

The ballooning crowd are quite a sociable bunch. It's not
surprising really -- you need to have a ground crew unless
you are real hard-core. That's how I got my ride - I crewed
a couple of times after helping when one landed behind the
house. I'm exchanging plane rides now - both folks can
learn a lot from each other. Did you know that a balloon
can easily outclimb most GA planes? Nor did I, and they
get to have the official right-of-way! Sheesh. And I swear
none of them have ever seen a sectional. Scary.