Old July 3rd 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Michael Ash

Default Things to remember in very hot weather

In rec.aviation.student Mxsmanic wrote:
Socialization is very important in most jobs. That's why incompetent
extroverts can find work more easily than competent introverts.

This is simply not true. In the past six months I've turned down three
jobs. I am not actually looking for a new job, they merely find me and try
to hire me away. One was a firm offer, one got fairly deep into
interviewing, and one I turned down at an early stage. I have no doubt
that I could grab either of the latter two in short order if I felt like
it.

Try doing that as an incompetent extravert. I'm nowhere near as socially
awkward as some, but I'm definitely an introvert. I'm not trying to brag
here, but if you're in the computer field and you're good at what you do
then finding work in the US is not particularly hard.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth