Old December 16th 12, 03:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default FAI (IGC) rules for US Club Class Nationals - Petition

I don't believe this is the first time ASW20B&C have been excluded from a CC WGC. There were no ASW20A,B,or C flown in the 2008 CC WGC or the 2010 CC WGC. I think this (Argentina) is the first time an ASW20A has ever been allowed. B&C models are higher performing due to their increased weight,and blown turbulators. They would handicap out at 1.09 so they could not be flown with winglets or overweight because that would put them over the max 1.09 handicap allowed by IGC.

I happened to be at the 2010 CC WGC. You're right, there were no ASW 20 flying. However, they were allowed. In the handicap list there was NO distinction between ASW 20 A,B or C. I have the list if you would like a copy. ASW 20 (15m) was 1.08. ASW 20 WL (15m) was 1.09.

So you are proposing not following IGC rules? 3R

I think Guy Byars statement carries wisdom and direction. "The trick is to preserve the spirit and the simplicity of the FAI rules, but at the same time make them a bit more palatable to US pilots."

You say only a few who have no intention of flying the CC are opposed. I flew the 2008 Sports nats in a CC approved ASW24 and won. And yes, I am opposed to a strict adoption of the IGC CC rules. 3R

What version of the IGC CC Rules would you not be opposed to adopting?

Sean Franke (HA)

Join the petition at: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/262/8...out-exception/