Old November 7th 03, 04:11 AM
Jay Honeck

I don't know if this has been covered before, but how much is everyone
paying for their hangars and what is provided?

You'll hate it when I tell you that the City just jacked our hangar rent
10%...to $121.00 per month.

That's a partial concrete (directly under the plane) floor, with pea gravel
everywhere else (which we've covered with astroturf), and a manual door.
We've got a window, the only one in the row, cuz we're on the end cap --
which gives us 33% more space than a "regular" T-hangar.

Electricity is "all you can use" (no one has ever blown a fuse yet), and
we've installed a little kitchenette (with fridge, freezer, microwave, and,
of course, blender), porta-potty, and dining area. Two couches, shelves and
a workbench round it out.

The only downside? The taxiway is breaking up, and there's no money in the
city budget to fix it.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA