Old September 6th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default FAA Awards $1.8 BILLION ADS-B Ground Station Contract

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 14:18:53 -0700, Jon
wrote in . com:

I'm not sure if http://www.faa.gov/asd/ads-b/06-07-02_ADS-B-
Overview.pdf is still current, but the picture on Page 9 would seem
to indicate that the ground station takes care of interoperability
between different link types. Also, Page 5 indicates that TIS-B will
provide interoperability for aircraft not equipped with ADS-B Out.

I'll ask some colleagues at work tomorrow for more detailed info.

Regards,
Jon

Many thanks for that link. That document answers most of the
questions raised in this thread. I don't know if it's still current;
it's dated June 7, 2002.