Old January 3rd 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bill Daniels

Default Harley oil cooler for interior heat.

"Ernest Christley" wrote in message
Probably not. But then your arms or legs or feet or air you breather
or.... will still be cold. You would need to wear a space suit to be
continuously warm. Those seat warmer gadgets are designed to give you
a little boost while waiting for the car heater to get going - a few
minutes - and not continuous heat unless you need it for your lumbego.

On Jan 2, 4:13 pm, Gig601XLBuilder wrote:
I wonder if one of these would draw too much power?

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...ductId=2841142

Man-up, woman. (Sorry. My oldest son brought that one home from
wrestling practice, and has been using it almost continuously on my
younger. 8*)

In reality, if you heat the torso, the warmer blood will be carried out to
the extremities. It wouldn't be a complete cure to ward off mid-winter
Canadian cold at midnight, but it would be enough to handle the coldest
that North Carolina has to offer when combined with sensible socks, a hat
and a pair of gloves. (headset makes a nice set of ear muffs)

Probably off base but the motorcycle guys have various bits of electrically
heated clothing they run off of the bikes alternator. You even can buy
fully heated suits. An aircraft alternator is probably bigger than one on a
motorcycle.