Old December 13th 10, 07:30 PM
Ron James Ron James is offline
Junior Member

[quote=Mike Noel;642204]I imagine it is relatively cheap because it is an orphan without ready
access to airframe parts. I saw one of these at Falcon Field in Mesa a few
years ago parked in front of the Anzio Landing Italian restaurant. I was
struck by the Mooney-like vertical stabilizer on a body resembling a Cessna.
I think Rockwell pulled the production plug because it was outperformed by
the current Cessna and Piper singles.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

. Lou" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me why I keep seeing these planes
selling for what seems like a great price? Every once
in a while someone advertises this brand and model,
but different planes for the same price as most Cessna
150's. Why? What is the problem with these planes?
Lou
[/Yes, they are an orphan, but parts are not as hard to come by as one mighht expect, J.C. Enterprises has some of them, many others are identical to parts from other airplanes of the era. I have 4 of the Darters, one flying, one to build from others parts. The one seen in Mesa has changed hands, owner at Anzio Landing was happy with it, gave lessons in it, attested to it's ruggedness. To me it's preferred because of : inexpensive aquisition cost, all metal, mine has to endure AZ outdoor weather, tough, low maintenance costs, no expensive or recurring AD's]