Old February 6th 21, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Tales Of The Bloody Triangle

We South westerners can do a 5 state flight. That would starting at
Dalhard, TX and flying north through Oklahoma into Kansas, turning left
and hitting Colorado, before turning south to New Mexico and then back
to Texas. Would that garner a few extra points?

They used to have organized safaris to Dalhart just for that purpose.

bDan
5J
/b

On 2/4/21 7:44 PM, Moshe Braner wrote:
On Thursday, February 4, 2021 at 8:44:57 PM UTC-5, MNLou wrote:
Should east coast triangles that use the ridge be discounted because they are easier to complete than triangles that use only thermals on all 3 sides?

Flame suit on

Lou

PS - Great flight Evan!

How about adding points for how many states you fly in during the same flight? We in the little Eastern states need SOME advantage :-) From where I (and Evan) fly, we fly in 3 states to do a 250 km O&R: https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3....l?dsId=7862704
Or a 300km triangle: https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3....l?dsId=7266702