Old February 13th 13, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

Default Progress on updating training gliders and new winch operations?

Our updates this year is to install transponders in club gliders. We've made the purchase, now for the install.
With the expansion of the local Class B, moving our airport under a shelf, previously we were on the edge, plus lowering of Class B just north of us, we feel transponders are prudent. Better seen by ATC, heavier aircraft with TCAS will get returns on us. It will not protect us from the GA "bug smasher" ducking under the edge of Class B to other Satillite airports. We'll still need the Mark-1 eyeball for those.

Next step will be the mandated ADS-B Out for the tow plane.