Old May 13th 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Discus 44

Default Motorhome towing a glider trailer

On May 13, 9:52*am, tmlkbr wrote:
Hello,
I'm thinking of making a small and short motorhome to tow my DG800b
trailer. *Can anyone share positive and negative experience in this.
Today I use a 2 door Montero, which is fantastic.

Tks,

Thomas
DG800b

I towed my Discus with a 23' Winnebago motorhome and it was if the
glider trailer was not even there. I think the motor home made the
trailer behave even better than with my van. Side wind is the only
time where things get interesting. You will have to drive slower than
normal to keep the whole thing lined up. Weight on hitch must be
around 80 to 100 lbs to keep it from swaying. Good luck

TU