Old October 19th 20, 09:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
James Hamilton

Default As heard on 123.3........

At 19:02 13 October 2020, John Cochrane wrote:
Second hand:

XYZ, on final, your gear is up.
XYZ: What?
XYZ, your landing gear is up!
(goes on a while. Finally)
XYZ: I can't hear you guys. There is some darn buzzer going off in

here.

First hand. Littlefield TX standard class nationals -- one of the first
with D2 like gliders that load really heavy and the nose points up a lot.
Towpilots fly in from around the state, many used to towing 2-33's all

day
long.

Pilot: Towplane x, 5 more knots.
(noise)
Pilot: TOWOPLANE X, 5 MORE KNOTS!
(noise)
Pilot: TOWOPLANE X, 70 KNOTS NOW!

Next tow:
Pilot: TOWPLANE X, 5 MORE KNOTS!
PIlot: TOWPLANE X 5 MORE KNOTS NOW!

This keeps going on for several tows until finally

Towplane x: What do y'all wanna fly so fast for anyhow?

John Cochrane

Minden, late 1970's, the pilot and his crew/girlfriend talked to each other

on the radio like it was a telephone: "Honey, I'm off tow and you can go
to town for groceries now." "OK darling, I have to stop at the gas station

first though." "That's OK but remember to get the kind of chips I like
when you are at the store." This kind of thing happened often when this
lovely couple showed up at Minden. During one of these episodes, a
friend was helping me get strapped in my glider and I had the radio on.
My friend says "Oh, I see that Mic Chatter and his girlfriend Frequency
Hog are here again!" True story!