Old June 11th 13, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Glider Financing

--Noel

Noel: No disagreement, actually. A glider is durable and fairly easy to sell, so we should be able to borrow to finance them at reasonably low rates. (For those who don't have home equity or other resources.) I presume it's just so small a market that nobody other than Lea County Bank has developed the expertise.

Maybe you should start a pilot's credit union, or similar business supplying glider loans? There are also a lot of wealthy glider pilots who understand a glider is good collateral and might want to earn more than the pitiful returns offered by bond markets these days.

The glider-backed security, latest wall street fad... Seriously now.

John Cochrane