Old March 17th 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default gliders in movies

UK Smokin Vid was a DVD made by some British Juniors...it
involves a mix of competition flying, ridges, wave,
interviews with some of the best Junior pilots we have
in Britain, and needless to say, beat-ups (hence, Smokin!)
It is about half an hour long, but unfortunately they
dont make it any more (sold out!) However, I am sure
if you put an advert on gp.net someone would have a
copy? Or maybe enough interest from the American sector
would ignite a few more copies...

I can honestly say it is the best DVD for gliding I
have ever seen, and shows gliding at its best in Britain.
Really get a feel for it, with in cockpit camera, wingtip
and glider to glider.

Well done to the Juniors who had the initiative to
make this, and do the work necessary to create the
success it is.

JR
At 18:18 17 March 2006, wrote:

Jono Richards wrote:
UK Smokin Vid 2004...thats the best one

JR

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Was there a movie
titled 'Smokin''
that was released direct-to-video in the UK in 2004?

At 17:00 17 March 2006,
wrote:
Has anyone compiled a list of movies in which gliders
appear?

Johan Larson