Old September 21st 04, 11:18 AM
Kevin Black

Maybe the recent spate of posts about cross-posting has made me
sensitive,
but since homing/tracking is an IFR exercise, why post anywhere other

than
rec.aviation.ifr?

Obviously a single newsgroup does not provide sufficient scope
for adequate adulation of certain types of genius.

snip

pleeaaassse!!!!!! I for one use navaids flying VFR and the homing/tracking
is at worst interesting and at best very useful. Further, I don't subscribe
to the IFR newsgroup or the satellite nav news group, but I do to RAS and
RAP so I got the info if I choose to follow it up. I guess there's people
using GPS that aren't aviators so I can see why John posted to the GPS NG so
what's the problem?

Further, for no cost (donationware actually) John has produced a couple of
damned fine e-books on the use of GPS in the air (and small boats). I think
this sort of effort (whether you like the content or not), and the obvious
interest and enthusiasm he displays, shows a committment far and above most
that subscribe to any of the RA... newsgroups. We should be encouraging
people like John (and others like Gene Whitt for example) at every
opportunity not sniping with snide comments.

And no, I didn't cross-post

Just my $0.02c worth....

Kevin