Old January 20th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Whiting

Default Cherokee 235 vs Trinidad vs Comanche

Jay Honeck wrote:
No, I'm guessing just a lack of money and gullibility. :-)

Well, gullibility anyway.

Let's see...I can either buy a 60-year old single engine prop plane
design, or a nice little biz jet.

Gee, which should I get?

D'oh!

Well, it isn't quite that simple. The purchase cost is one thing, but
operational costs live with you forever. Check the insurance costs for
a jet vs. a Bonanza, check the recurrent training requirements for a jet
vs. the single, check the fuel costs, check .... you get the picture.
I'll bet the operating costs for the Jet are at least 4X more than the
Bonanza and maybe even higher than that. Sometimes you pay more upfront
to save later. Just as with most hybrid cars costing more to purchase,
but paying you back (hopefully) with lower operating costs.

Matt