Old January 21st 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Margy Natalie

Default Cherokee 235 vs Trinidad vs Comanche

Newps wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:

I taught myself the "short women landing a 182" trick and my instructor
wanted to throttle me. I trimmed it for the flare and pushed it forward
on short final. I didn't have the arm strength to yank it into the
flare if I was sitting close enough to reach the rudder. About a month
later Rod Machado wrote up pretty much what I had figured out.

That's awesome! I may just try that technique myself, just to see how
it works.

This I don't understand. With just myself in my old 182 the CG is
pretty far forward. Properly trimmed it's a two finger operation to
flare. If you have to yank it you're really doing something wrong.

How far away from the yoke are you? There is a big difference when you
are pulling your arm from close to straight to 90 degrees and when you
start at 90 degrees and have to pull it into your belly. Also I would
bet your upper body strengh is quite a bit more than mine. I stand at
5'2" when I'm lying (5'1 3/4"). A yank for me is a pull for you.

Margy