Old January 20th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cats

Default Variometer Overview Videos

On Jan 19, 5:55*am, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

I am always trying to think of new ways to help soaring pilots select the
right soaring instruments for their needs. *A while ago I thought of the
idea of adding audio recordings to my web site of each variometer - so
customers could judge for themselves which one was the best match for their
tastes. *But recently I have started to dabble in video editing on my PC and
it struck me ...why not put short video clips of all the soaring instruments
onto my web site. *If is picture is worth a thousand words, then a video
with sound must be worth a million.

It will take time for me to get them all done, but the first one is ready to
go. *It is a 6 minute overview of the Tasman V1000 variometer. * It is not
great quality video and I did not take the time to create a script. *The
idea is to keep it simple so I can find time to do many of them. *You can
see it hehttp://www.cumulus-soaring.com/tasman.htm

The goal was to show the basic features of the vario for those interested in
buying one. *However, the video could be used to remind current owners how
to use all the features of the vario. *If you have a Tasman in a club glider
you may want to put a link to the video into your club newsletter so club
members can brush-up on the features of the unit.

I hope you find it useful.

We have a Tasnan vario in one of our club gliders and I found that
video really useful. Sadly I don't think you are going to do one on
the LX4000 which is what is in my own ship!

However it might be a useful link for the club website.