Old August 23rd 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RNR

Default Flying to Teterboro

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:22:29 GMT, "pgbnh" wrote:

Not from NY Area, but have flown to TEB from New England a bunch of times.
first, unless you REALLy need to go to TEB, consider an alternative. MMU or
CDW. TEB is NOT GA-friendly (unless your personal aircraft burns kerosene).
Fuel is VERy expensive, and the attitude of the FBO folks is not positive
towards real general aviation.

That said, if you do go there, plan to talk with approach and departure
regardless of how you approach. With approach, be professional, sound like
you know what you are doing, and they will treat you well. Even grant class
B clearance. Very busy airspace - you want a code and you want to be talking
with approach. On leaving, calling CD is always a good idea. Get a code,
request advisories, and let 'em know you want a class B clearance. The floor
is low in that area, and unless you like flying over very populated areas at
1800 feet, get a clearance to get some altitude.

Thanks for the info. I had heard that they weren't very
piston-friendly. I'm trying to avoid this, but if I have to go to TEB
I'll certainly follow your advice. Thanks again.
RNR