Old February 2nd 20, 10:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Hogue

Default Rigging grease recommendations for long-term-rigged gliders

The Schleicher manuals for my ASH-26E do not specify any grease types. The only mention of grease types is to not use molybdenum disulfide on any bearings with brass parts.

One correction to my original post, I said "scoring" I meant to say "fretting".

Also, FYI my knowledgeable person noted that white lithium grease is good long term for the other lube points (control connections).

Cheers,
Jim J6

On Saturday, 1 February 2020 20:16:16 UTC-6, wrote:
What does your maintenance manual recommend?