Old September 25th 03, 09:40 PM
Lars Peder Hansen

Default Did we decide if ballasted pullups are higher????????

OK, here we go, just to exite trolls, believers, non-believers, math
fereaks, the lot:

Off course wet pullups go higher. In the end, a pullup is conversion from
kinetic energy (speed) to potential energy (altitude). Soaring is all about
trading one of these for the other.
Picture two identical gliders (please, no Discus/Duo Discus (sorry, couldn't
resist)) both at 100 feet, 250 Km/h. Their kinetic energy is derived from
their speed (equal in this setup) and mass. So the heavy one has the most
kinetic energy. -Which one can then obtain the highest potential energy ?
Elementary, my dear Watson.

Happy soaring,
Lars Peder

Replace the obvious by a dot to respond via e-mail

"Scott Correa" skrev i en meddelelse
OK people, what was the verdict.
I'm sure some logger equipped pullups were made.
Who wins?? Wet or dry.
I still think wet pullups go higher, but I can't prove it.

Scott.