Old January 27th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Almost on topic...

Still not Industrial Light and Magic, but a first step, anyway.

3D San Antonio sectional rendered on a rotating sphere.
aka: what cowboy astronauts think the world looks like.

Some people are already wondering, "Why? Why would anybody do that?"

Well, that's an interesting question.

caveats -

No executables, dlls, etc. involved.
It's just an animated Gif.

7604737 (count 'em)7,604,737 great big bytes.

I really did work at keeping the file size down.
But I dare say this one is for the fast lane exclusively.

Mot certified for navigation.
The source chart was out of date. (sorry)

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~tp-3/!sat.gif

So, who has the fastest rig?

Anybody significantly under five minutes?

Richard

ps: when they say 10 meg per email puppet, they mean it!