Old December 21st 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Engine configuration

On Dec 20, 9:19 pm, Ron Wanttaja wrote:

500 built? I'm skeptical. I did a search of the FAA database using "V-6,"
"STOL,", "Defunky", "Javelin" and "Blanton" as terms (with the typical
variations of "V-6". When you eliminate all the Zenairs and "R V-6"es, I maybe
35 hits. Five hundred flying aircraft is about the same as Fly Babies, and I
don't think the Blantons are as common.

Like most homebuilt projects, there are likely a lot of
Blanton conversions sitting in garages and basements all over the
world, waiting for the owner to get motivated enough to finish the
project.

Dan