Old December 21st 03, 11:07 PM
Mike O'Malley

"Andrew Burke" wrote in message
Of the current crop, I'd say the Beech 1900D. Nose wheel RIGHT at the nose,
the cockpit looks like it's from another plane, as does the passenger door,
all those appendages around the tail...

What about the Shorts 330? Throw some sailplane wings on a shipping crate, then
stick a couple of barn doors out on the tail, and you've got one uckn fugly
airplane. I of course, would be more than willing to fly one, if someone else
were to pay the bills.

The Dornier 228 isn't much to look at, the nose looks like it got caught in the
hanger door and pulled out. And then there's the Do. 28 with the motors just
kind of tacked onto the landing gear like an afterthought. Or the Do. 27, where
it looks like they glued the wing on top as an afterthought.

I know I'm getting away from airliners, but the PZL 104 is a perfect example of
form following function. Don't know what kind of short field performance it
had, but the Helio Courrier was probibly comperable, but looked a helluva lot
nicer.

--
Mike