Old April 29th 20, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default COVID-19 Operational Considerations

On Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 7:15:52 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 4:47:54 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 4:37:47 PM UTC-4, wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJegzdhQjdI

Yes,not sure about those guys.

My first question is that they are taking their test results for the folks who come in to get a test and extrapolating it to the whole population. What about sampling bias? Mostly those with symptoms or known exposure are getting tested. Doesn't seem like a good sample to extrapolate to say something about asymptomatic transmission. To 'follow the science' they need to account for this bias. (It might even strengthen their case?)

Second question is that they dismiss NY and say it's no worse than a bad flu season. CDC shows flu deaths at 40k maybe 60k for a bad year. This is for the whole year over the whole country. NY has 20k Covid deaths. But this is for only a small part of the year and country. Their numbers here just don't make sense to me.

Third, they flaunting not wearing a mask as making a stronger immune system. This seems a case of what doesn't kill you might make you stronger, and they are only telling half the story.

They may have a axe or two to grind in wanting to reopen their clinic for general procedures, and also don't like government intrusiveness.

I think the virus can be really bad with high concentrations of folks over an extended time. (Like NYC subways, meatpacking plants, and Mardi Gras.) We probably underreacted there.

In areas where these docs practice we probably overreacted. There may be some good messages in what they are saying, but their overstatements may have killed the good.

They've cooked the books regarding wuhan flu deaths. If you have respiratory symptoms and die from being run over by a bus it is scored as a covid kill. It might be slightly more dangerous than seasonal flu, slightly, maybe.
Fly or forever hide in your basement.

If they "cooked the books" , presumably it was to benefit someone. Who would that someone be?
UH

Hospitals for one. More money for covid than colds. https://www.wibc.com/blogs/chicks/ve...n-ventilators/