Old September 15th 05, 05:48 PM
Bill Leaming

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:52:50 +0100, Simon Robbins wrote:

I remember from when I was a kid, as my dad was a "railway enthusiast",
"train spotter" being considered a derogatory term if I recall correctly.
Basically you can buy these little books with all the registration numbers
of all the UK based trains. People travel the whole country just to track
down or see by chance any engines they've not seen before. They then
strike-off that reg in the book. (Yeah, I know. It doesn't make any
rational sense...) I think plane spotters kind of do the same. Girl
spotters, well yeah. Again, it only counts if you get their numbers!! :^)

Well, it takes all kinds to make the world interesting. Did you know that
there are actually people who make a hobby out of finding and documenting
navaids? The travel around and track down NDBs, VORs and other such
"interesting" things... g

Bill