Old September 1st 04, 01:54 PM
Corky Scott

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:32:29 -0400, "Stan Kap"
wrote:

Hey Corky,

Forget about the engine, just add a large pipe to your mouth and jet that
out the back of the aircraft. There's so much hot air coming out, you
should break the sound barrier. The amount of thrust created by this affect
will be negligible at best. Get out your thermodynamics book and see for
yourself.

Stan Kapushinski

Stan, I know that the thrust from such a setup will be negligable, I
said as much below.

Do I expect this to waft me through the skys at 200 mph while burning
4 gallons per hour? No. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's
ear. The Christavia will not cruise beyond 130 mph (if that) at any
engine setting below full throttle because it's a four seat fabric
covered STOL type. In addition, the less the power available (heat)
and the slower the speed, the less the effect.

In addition I wrote:

The catch? Meredith's calculated effect got progressively more
powerful the faster the airplane went. In the Mustang, it's maximum
effect occured at around 400 mph and at high (above 20,000 feet)
altitude. These are speeds and altitudes which are out of reach of
almost all homebuilts.

Did you read this?

What I expect I will get from this setup is augmented cooling by use
of the exhaust system. There will be a minor thrust affect, but I'm
not counting on that to boost the cruise or top end. The important
thing to me is adaquate cooling under all conditions. Using exhaust
augmentation is one way, but not the only way, to achieve that.

Are you ok?

Corky Scott

Corky Scott