Old March 25th 04, 09:36 PM
Eric Greenwell

Ian Forbes wrote:
Caracole wrote:

We recently had a pilot show up and ask if we would aerotow him in his
Sparrow Hawk. Our first question was to ask if the glider was
licensed.

My first question would be, is the pilot competent, current and licenced
to fly.

But then I don't live in the USA...

That's why your response would not be efficient here. The SparrowHawk is
sold in the ultralight category ( 155 pounds), and is not required to
be licensed. There is no point in spending time on the pilot's
qualifications if you are certain the glider doesn't meet the
requirements of your insurance policy. If the pilot shows up in a
licensed glider, I'm sure the questions proceed immediately to the
pilot's qualifications.

A few SparrowHawks are licensed, but not most them, at least at this point.

--
-----
change "netto" to "net" to email me directly

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA