Old April 1st 07, 12:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa

Default Marfa Texas Wave Camp this week

OK Tony, but with your Cherokee "floater" who should complete your
cross country flights - just drift along until the sun sets. Classic
end to a long XC - like in the old "Soaring " mags.

When you call my cellphone from that field you've landed in, note that
from April 17 - May 27 I'll be in soaring in Germany, so check the
time difference (7 hours later from CDT?), as I may be asleep!

Bring the Cherokee to west Texas someday for some rockin' straight-out
downwind XC. You could fly it from Marfa back to Ames, Iowa.

I'm considering awarding a cash prize for the longest yearly straight
outs from Marfa in a "classic" (as defined by the Vintage Sailplane
Ass'n.) or "antique" sailplane - like in the 1960's at Marfa - just
get up and go. "Dollar A Mile from Marfa!"

Yeehaw!

Burt
Marfa Gliders, west Texas USA
www.flygliders.com