Old January 1st 05, 05:28 AM
Peter R.

Terry ) wrote:

I don't have the answers but I needed to write this...

Terry, this is really unfortunate and my condolences go out to the
families involved.

I do have a question, though: I realize that media reports are usually
wrong, but twice in that linked article there was mention of the weather
turning bad *at* or just after takeoff.

Now, I realize that this seems unlikely, but I have read of accounts
here in this newsgroup of cases where fog developed very, very quickly
around an aircraft. I suppose there would have been tell-tale clues
ahead of time, such as a close temperature/dewpoint spread that the
pilot should have seen.

Do you know first or second-hand that the weather was actually bad prior
to takeoff?

--
Peter