Old October 20th 03, 08:34 PM
David H

Robert Perkins wrote:

WOW!

Flying is just SO cool!

I took another Mount St. Helens flight Saturday at noontime. It's a
favorite around here with the folks who want to ride in a plane; first
choice.

snip

If anyone is curious I'm happy to post the pictures we took of the
area.

Hi Rob,

Yes indeed, flying - especially here in the Northwest where the scenery
is soooo spectacular - is about the coolest thing I can think of. I
regularly come back from a flight completely charged up about how lucky
we are.

I haven't done it this year, but every time I fly over Mt. St. Helens I'm
always completely awed and inspired. I've never had any problems with
winds/downdrafts, but I give the mountain a pretty wide berth.

If you want to post some photos or even if you don't, I invite you to
come check out the Pacific Northwest Flying website, a place for
Northwest pilots to chat and commiserate on local flying (there's also a
popular "Name That Northwest Airport" game - see how good you are at
identifying the mystery airport of the week). All free, with a friendly
bunch of fellow Northwest pilots. There's a place to upload your photos,
too (and since this newsgroup is not for binaries, i.e. images, it's
probably not appropriate to post them here).

http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/pnwflying

Hope you'll come check it out sometime.

David H
Boeing Field (BFI), Seattle, WA
Visit the Pacific Northwest Flying forum:
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/pnwflying