Old April 3rd 04, 07:53 PM
jls

Default Dry Valve Lash

This must be an obscure area because googling it didn't bring up anything in
usenet. Be that as it may the O-300 we are presently doing a top on has
more than .110" dry valve clearance under the rocker toe on several of the
valves. That reading is the clearance between the rocker arm toe and the
top of the valve stem when the hydraulic lifter has been completely
collapsed.

However, the hydraulic units are Superior's, and so are the cylinders. So
I'm wondering if we are going to have to go to longer pushrods, since the
Continental Overhaul Manual calls for limits of .030" to .110" dry valve
clearance. Anybody here got any ideas? What I'm hoping (probably in
futility) is that the limits are greater with Superior hydraulic units. If
not we'll have to go to the next oversize set of pushrods and our budget is
already busted all to hell. TIA and bless you.