Old August 27th 14, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Mounting camera on wing of glider

When any object is attached to the outside of an aircraft it results in an aircraft that no longer conforms to its type design.

14 CFR 3.5(a): "Airworthy means the aircraft conforms to its type design and is in a condition for safe operation".

My guess is the aircraft would not be considered "airworthy" by the FAA (USA, of course). I suppose this leads to a "don't ask, don't tell" situation.

Is it safe to attach a camera to the outside of an aircraft? I don't know.

Is it a good idea? I don't think so.