Old October 13th 03, 03:25 PM
Tom Mosher

Bill:

Not one foul word in my post.

Also, from the Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary:

nowhere - not in or at any place.

YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT AIRCRAFT.

Tom

"Bill Mulcahy" wrote in message ...
"Thomas Mosher" wrote in message
m...

No where in that AP report does it say there were three fires. All it
says is that there were three incidents where the windshield heat wiring
shorted out and resulted in a cracked windshield.

I knew I could expect foul-mouthed Tom to defend Boeing and the airlines.

I would think that if windshield wires got hot enough to
crack glass that would qualify as a fire, even to the FAA. I'm sure it
would have had to be hot enough to melt the insulation on the wires
leading to the window.

By the way "nowhere" is one word.

Bill Mulcahy

Looking at the FAA SDR database shows six incidents since 1997 where
there was a windshield crack.

In contrast, looking at the same database shows 13 incidents where the
windshield cracked on Boeing 767's (earliest data is from 1993).

Now considering the 777's safety record...going to the NTSB database
shows only four out of the sixteen listed incidents/accidents as being
aircraft related. The majority of the incidents are turbulence related.

Now when it comes to composite aircraft construction, you don't know
****. Did you know that there are two corporate aircraft currently in
production that have carbon fiber fuselages? Bet you didn't know that.

Tom Mosher

Bill Mulcahy wrote:
The graphic (website) version of this newsletter can be accessed at:
http://pages.prodigy.net/rockaway/newsletter241.htm

Quote of the Week: "the Boeing 777 seemed to shudder. Passengers smelled
smoke. People were yelling, tell us what's going on" comment by

passenger to
Associated Press about just revealed "July" Boeing 777 fire incident

Aviation Conspiracy Newsletter
newsletters can be accessed at:
http://pages.prodigy.net/rockaway/ACNewsmenu.htm Bill Mulcahy

AP Reveals Series Of Boeing 777 Fires!!!