Old February 7th 09, 12:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan D[_2_]

Default Lowrance 2000C

"Jay Masino" wrote in message ...
After my 12 year old Garmin 195 started having problems, I purchased a
Lowrance 1000. In the few months I owned it, I had problems with the
buttons not working, a failed backlight, and difficulty locking onto
satellites. I eventually talked Lowrance into giving me my money back,
and I purchased a Garmin 296 instead.

--- Jay

--

Jay Masino "Home is where My critters are"
http://www.JayMasino.com

My 2000C is still working flawlessly after many years. I would never put up with the Garmin issues. My 2000C has never
dropped satellites or missed a beat. It does suck up batteries though...

but, if I were to get another GPS today, it would be the Bendix AV8OR...