Old July 10th 14, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck[_2_]

Default shipping a glider and trailer by rail from East to west coast

On Tuesday, July 8, 2014 11:45:35 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Has anybody had any experience with rail shipping a glider in trailer? I'm looking at pre-owned gliders and after flying out to inspect the glider and purchasing, having to fly back to the west coast, load up the pickup and drive to New York sure would take the joy out of a glider purchase. I'm just tossing this out, nothing on the radar yet

Where is "here?"

When I was the Schleicher rep I insisted on only Panama Canal routing for West Coast gliders. The damaged glider referred to earlier resulted when someone at Kuhne & Nagel mistakenly shipped it via train from NY to CA. It was Jim Indrebo's bird.