Old April 24th 20, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default Flarm picking up my transponder

On Friday, April 24, 2020 at 10:03:30 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I have a similar problem on tow behind a tow plane with newly installed ADS-B out. The glider Flarm goes nuts. Any fixes for this (besides shutting something off)?

I've seen that as well. A warning for an approaching tow plane seems useful, but for one at the other end of a 200 foot tow rope, not so much.

Is some place to look in a log to see what happened?

You'd think that with all the sophisticated algorithms FLARM uses to predict collisions, that they could also figure out a way to identify a tow plane that was towing a glider and not make it alarm.