Old May 19th 20, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K8

Default 2020 Accidents & Insurance, usa

FWIW, I’ll humbly share the last ditch, immediately pre-launch safety check that I’ve been using since watching a 1-34 canopy come open on YouTube. (Thanks to the pilot that posted that!) It’s 1...2....3...go. 1 is verifying that the canopy is latched, 2 is verifying that the spoilers are locked, 3 is verifying that trim set and go is the rudder wag. No flaps on my glider or I’d incorporate those into this check as well. Obviously, this is in addition to and not in lieu of running a checklist. If anyone else finds this technique useful, great!

Be safe out there!