Old September 8th 20, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Reinholt

Default Smoke at Ephrata, WA

Tom, I saw what you saw on the webcams. It was astoundingly bad at EPH. That evening I watched the satellite loop and all that smoke moved SW, then west down the Gorge into the PDX area. Visibility in the evening at my home west of Portland was down to 1/2 mile. This morning it has mostly blown out of my area.
Craig

ERIC, You did not see the webcam at about 10:00 am today. One could not see past the car in the office building, just barely could make out the fuel tank and looking north could not make anything out past the car in the office parking lot it was all brown on the picture. No trailers, not club house, no nothing. The winds have helped move some of it out.
Take care.
Tom