Old July 24th 03, 01:02 AM

Bend over, lube up. I suspect a bone-fide Cessna part would be in
order, unless there's and STC for the electric type sender used in Pipers.

-Cory

rkane33 wrote:
: I have a Cessna 172M with o-320-e2d engine.

: The metal line connecting the gage to the Oil Temperature Probe broke. The
: probe is inside the Oil pressure housing on the back of engine.

: Can the line be reattached to the 2 inch long Copper probe by welding?
: I believe the gage works under capillary effect.

: Are there any Cessna approved replacements for the gage, line and probe or
: do I have to replace with the Cessna OEM part? A Cessna dealer told me the
: gage is either made by Stewart/Warner or Rodchester and costs around
: $300-400.

: Replacement Temperature gage and probes for homebuilts seem to cost around
: $90.

: TIA, John

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *